One of the best ways to connect with others while practicing physical distancing is to host a listen party. You can listen to a podcast below with some friends and then have a follow up conversation about it using Skype, Zoom etc.
We have included some great, freely available podcasts for you to share and listen to with your friends.
Be sure to snap a photo and share it across social media using the hashtag #RefugeeWeek.
- Refugees on Air
- Australian Red Cross Podcast Series
- Refugee Radio
- The Wait
- Kaldor Centre Podcast
- In My Country
Australian Podcast Episodes
- The Guardian: Five myths about the refugee crisis
- Social JustUs: Face-to-Face Speaker Lizzy Kouth
- The Policy Forum: The policy and politics of refugees and asylum seekers
- BBC News: Me, the refugee
- Al Jazeera’s The Take: Australia’s Offshore Refugees
- Al Jazeera’s The Take: What happens when coronavirus hits refugee camps?
- ABC Podcast: Refugees, sport, and mental health
- Today in Focus: Inside Lebanon’s economic crisis
- Big Ideas: The Refugee Crisis
Australian Podcasts: Humanitarian Assistance
- Development Policy Centre
- Centre for Global Development – Rethinking Humanitarianism
- Global Development Podcast
- Refugees’ Stories
- Cosmo Refugee Radio
- Seeking Refuge
- City of Refuge
- Urban Refuge Messages
- Integrate That!
- On the Record: Refugee Stories Podcast Episode